My name is Rodee and I’m a University of Wisconsin-Madison masters student in Journalism and Mass Communication. This website was created as part of University of Wisconsin-Madison course J676: New Media and Society. The goal of this, and of my classmates projects, is to explore the myriad effects that emerging technologies can have on society.
Additional class website topics include:
- The Alternative Apple– A Guide to the cult of Apple computers.
- File Sharing and Copyright: Music in the Internet Age – A site devoted to copyright law, and the impact of file sharing on music.
- The Evolution of Budweiser Advertising: Brand Marketing – This site examines Budweiser as a brand, and its impact on consumers.
- Internet Censorship in China– The evolution of the Internet in China, and what the government has done to restrict content.
- Instant Replay in Sports–How Instant Replay Has Changed Sports.
- Another CeleBlog – Traces the emergence of blogs, and the various ways celebrities use them.
- Cyberbullying: Looks at social media, cyberbullying, and how legislation has attempted to curtail it.
- Creating a Celebrity: How Fame and Media Intersect: This site looks at three concepts of fame and celebrity, as embodied by Mary Pickford, Lady Gaga and Marilyn Monroe.
- New Communication Technologies, Their History and Social Influence: An Annotated Bibliography – “Scholarship on the history and influence of new communication technologies”.